iTs|SC: Columbia's Insurance Technology & Services Cluster
The Columbia Insurance Technology and Services Cluster (iTs|SC) is a New Carolina cluster dedicated to promoting the Greater Columbia area's wealth of opportunities within the insurance technology sector. Its mission is to foster a collaborative environment where the private sector, government, and higher education work to strengthen industry competitiveness, a world class talent pool, and South Carolina's reputation as a premier destination for insurance and technology.
Columbia is home to a growing cluster of important entities to the insurance technology and services industry. The collaboration among the insurance technology cluster combined with the talent developed at the progressive research universities in South Carolina make Columbia a world class destination for the insurance and technology industry and a magnet for talented industry professionals.
To create an environment that creates, attracts, and retains a highly educated, skilled workforce to support the growth and competitive needs of insurance technology and services through partnerships with K-12, higher education, and workforce development organizations.
Marketing and Communications
To promote Columbia and South Carolina as a center of excellence in insurance technology and services both internally and externally through active communications, engagement, and messaging to target stakeholders and potential partners.
To attract, engage, and connect industry activities and events, companies, and potential partners into the insurance technology and services cluster in South Carolina through professional networking, memberships, and collaborative partnerships.
iTs|SC is dedicated to advancing five goals towards the achievement of its mission of helping increase the competitiveness of insurance technology and services in South Carolina:
- To attract and retain high quality professionals with technical and/or insurance industry experience to the Greater Columbia area
- To identify, grow, and source local talent by collaborating with the educational and workforce development community through curriculum development, internships, and student engagement
- To create a business and regulatory environment where insurance technology and services companies have a competitive edge
- To support innovation within the industry to help companies develop more competitive products and services
- To promote Columbia and South Carolina as a center of excellence in insurance technology and services
For more information, visit iTs-SC.com.